Ground Water Lecture Series
Dr. Mary Hill, a research scientist with the U.S. Geological Survey, will give the Darcy lecture presentation 10 times this month at colleges, universities and other facilities around the country.
Hill's lecture is titled "Guidelines for Effective Model Calibration (Any Model!)." It focuses on how nonlinear regression and associated statistics can be used to dramatically improve how data are used to calibrate and test models.
Her lecture schedule for this month is as follows:
- November 5, University of Washington
- November 7, Stanford University
- November 8, U.S. Geological Survey
- November 9, University of Nevada
- November 15, University of Kansas
- November 16, Oklahoma University
- November 26, Tampa Bay Water
- November 27, University of Florida
- November 29, University of Alabama
- November 30, U.S. Army Engineers Research & Development Center, Vicksburg, Miss.
The Darcy Lecture series is funded by a grant from the National Ground Water Educational Foundation. It was established in 1986 to foster interest and excellence in ground water science and technology.
For more information, contact the National Ground Water Association at 614-898-7791.