They Did It Again at Jubilee
The four-day conference and trade show drew approximately 4,500 visitors (up slightly over last year) and well over 200 vendors in more than 300 booths on the exhibit hall floor. As one of the premier events in the drilling industry, Jubilee attracts leading suppliers displaying the latest in products and services for drilling contractors, who showed up in droves to check out the offerings.
New association officers were installed for their 2001-2002 terms. William Caldwell (Caldwell Well Drilling, Fishersville, Va.) is president; Dottie Mixon Roberts (Mixon Drilling, San Antonio, Fla.) is secretary; and the new treasurer is Calvin Falwell (Falwell Corp., Lynchburg, Va.).
Congratulations are in order for Robert Royall (Royall Pump and Well Co., Powhatan, Va.), honored with the association's annual George McCall Award for his tireless efforts on behalf of the South Atlantic drilling industry. This year's Vendor Appreciation Award went to the Water Systems Council for taking an active role in promoting and protecting the private well industry.
- Door Prizes - Aries, Baroid, Bestolife, Boshart, Brandon & Clark Campbell Mfg., Ditch Witch of Carolina's, Endot, F.E. Myers, Fairbanks Morse, Goulds, Heller-Aller, Jacuzzi Bros., Morse Environmental, NGWA, Water Well Journal, PipeLife, Pul-A-Pump, PW Pipe, Red Jacket, Rotary Drilling, Silverline, Smeal, Star Iron, VAMAC, Well Mate and Wyo-Ben.
- Horseshoes Tournament - Charles & Charles Falwell
- Monday Breakfast - Amtrol Inc.
- Tuesday Breakfast - Noland Co.
- Desserts at Pickard Dinner - Grundfos Pumps
Looking ahead to next year, the South Atlantic Well Drillers Association will present its 47th annual Jubilee. It will be in Myrtle Beach again; it will be at the end of July again; and it will be a great show again.