Free Water Well Tests for Flood Victims
The department also will continue to offer free pumping and removal services for flooded or damaged home heating oil tanks in affected areas. Residents or local officials who call before Sept. 8 can make an appointment for DEP staff and a contractor to come to the home for cleanup.
Pennsylvania has more private water wells than any other state in the nation. It is estimated there are nearly 1 million private wells in the commonwealth, and they are the sole source of drinking water for most rural populations.
Individuals with questions or concerns about the test kits or cleanup should contact the Department of Environmental Protection regional office in the area:
- Southeast Regional Office, 484-250-5900
- Northeast Regional Office, 570-826-2511
- Southcentral Regional Office, 717-705-4741
- Northcentral Regional Office, 570-327-3636
- Southwest Regional Office, 412-442-4000
- Northwest Regional Office, 814-332-6945