Record-setting NGWA Show
The National Ground Water Association is beaming following its Ground Water Expo, which took place Dec. 8-11 in Las Vegas. The event set a new total attendance record of 5,561 and featured many first-time events.
Additionally, traffic was heavy in the Expo's exhibit hall, and the workshops were well attended. Attendance levels were also high for presentations given as part of the Annual Conference and Meeting for the Association of Ground Water Scientists and Engineers (AGWSE), a membership division of NGWA.
- President: Ernest Pender, MGWC
- President-elect: Ralph Taylor Jr., CWD
- Past President: Leonard Assante, CWD/PI
- Vice President/Association Ground Water of Scientists and Engineers Division Chair: Michael E. Campana
- Vice President/Contractor Division Chair: Larry Lyons, MGWC
- Vice President/ Manufacturer Division Chair: Dan Wright
- Vice President/Suppliers Division Chair: Richard Burke
- Secretary: Thomas Downey, CWD/PI
- Treasurer: Loyd Watson, MGWC
Starting a new tradition, the Board presented Distinguished Partners Awards for 2002 to 10 industry firms. Receiving awards:
- Central Mine Equipment
- Global Water
- Goulds Pumps
- A.Y. McDonald
- Solinst Canada
- Star Iron Works
- Sta-Rite Pumps
Selections were based upon the total financial commitment the organization had made to NGWA during the year. The winners each received a crystal and brushed stainless steel award for display at their corporate headquarters.
"The NGWA Board, members and staff are highly appreciative of the support these organizations make to the success of the ground water industry through their investment in the programs and services of the Association," Pender says.