Big-time kudos go out to the weatherman, who was somewhat uncharacteristically cooperative for this year’s annual Spring Expo of the New England Water Well Association. A good crowd was on hand Mar. 23-24, in Marlborough, Mass., and this year, attendees were able to visit the outdoor exhibits without risk of catching a high-grade dose of pneumonia. Inside the exhibit hall, more than 150 booths let visitors bone up on the latest in products, equipment and services available to the water well industry.
A full slate of educational programs offered a little something for everyone:
- New Department of Transportation regulations
- Pump motors by Franklin Electric
- Geothermal heat pumps by John Sima
- On-the-job injuries by Field Safety Corp.
- Solar power pumps by Grundfos
- Pump control changes and types by Cycle Stop
- Geothermal grouting by Baroid
- NGWA’s drilling cost calculator