NGWA Announces 2014 Award Winners
Recipients in Excellence, Groundwater Project, Divisional Categories
The National Groundwater Association (NGWA) has announced the recipients of its 2014 awards. The categories are Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Award and Divisional Awards
The ceremony will take place at the NGWA Groundwater Expo and annual meeting in Las Vegas in December.
The association’s top honor goes to W. Richard Laton. The Ross L. Oliver Award he will receive celebrates outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Laton is a long-time member of NGWA and an associate professor of hydrogeology at California State University, Fullerton.
The remaining recipients are:
Awards of Excellence
- M. King Hubbert Award for major contributions to groundwater science —Fred Molz, research professor and distinguished scientist at Clemson University.
- Life Member Awards –Henry Baski, from Baski Inc.; Richard Henkle from, Garden City, Kan.; Steven P. Maslansky from Maslansky GeoEnvironmental.
- Technology Award –James Rumbaugh, from Environmental Stimulations Inc.
Special Recognition Awards—The late Ralph Cadwallader, from Loop Tech International Inc. and the Miami Conservancy District in Dayton, Ohio.
- Groundwater Protector Award—U.S. Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio)
- Standard Bearer Award —Beverly L. Herzog from Champaign, Ill.
Outstanding Groundwater Project Award
- Groundwater Remediation Award—Essential Management Solutions LLC (former Herington, Kan., Army Air Base Project)
- John Hem Award for significant scientific or engineering contributions to the understanding of groundwater—Paul Barlow, from the U.S. Geological Survey in Northborough, Mass., and Stanley Leake, from the U.S. Geological Survey in Tucson, Ariz.
- Keith E. Anderson Award for outstanding contributions to NGWA’s Scientists and Engineers Division—W. Richard Laton from California State University, Fullerton, Santa Ana, Calif.
- Manufacturers Division Special Recognition Award—Kris Jackson, Pentair, Delevan, Wis.
- Supplier of the Year Award—Mark Durham, from Gicon Pumps & Equipment Ltd.
NGWA is a nonprofit that supports responsible development, management and use of water resources. It’s comprised of groundwater professionals ranging from contractors to equipment manufacturers to scientists and engineers. For more information, visit www.ngwa.org.