NGWA Announces New 2015 Directors, Officers
30-Year Water Well Veteran Appointed Head of National Board
The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) has announced its new officers and directors for its 2015 national and divisional boards.
Richard Thron, MGWC, will head the national board. The groundwater professional of Mantyla Well Drilling Inc., in Lakeland, Minn. has been a member of NGWA for three decades. In addition to serving on NGWA’s board, he’s also served on the board of the Minnesota Water Well Association.
“I get to provide the second most important thing for survival to my customers,” Thron says. “People don’t often realize how lucky they are to have clean, clear water they can trust.”
Other new officers for NGWA’s national board:
- President-Elect Jeffrey W. Williams, Spafford & Sons Water Wells, Jericho, Vt.
- Secretary David Henrich, Bergerson-Caswell Inc., Maple Plain, Minn.
- Treasurer Ronnie Hensley, Gicon Pumps and Equipment Ltd., Abernathy, Texas
- Vice President of the Scientists and Engineers Division Robert P. Schreiber, CDM Smith Inc., Cambridge, Mass.
- Vice President of the Contractors Division Todd E. Hunter, Ground Water Pump Systems, Boulder, Colo.
- Vice President of the Manufacturers Division Paul Eberhardt, Western Rubber & Mfg., Conroe, Texas
- Vice President of the Suppliers Division Ron Brillhart, Johnston Supply Inc., Ashland, Ohio
- Past President Griffin Crosby Jr., Crosby Well Drilling Inc., Lake Wales, Fla.
The three new national directors as well as new members of NGWA’s Contractors Division Board:
- Patrick Casarez, Patrick Water Well Pump Repair Service, Cleveland, Texas
- Brian Snelten, Layne Christensen, Aurora, Ill.
- David Traut, Mark J. Traut Wells Inc., Waite Park, Minn.
Scientists and Engineers Division (elected to second terms):
- Michael Wireman, retired U.S. EPA, Boulder, Colo.
- Melissa Lenczewski, Ph.D., Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.
Manufacturers Division (three new officers):
- Chair Paul Eberhardt, Western Rubber & Mfg., Conroe, Texas
- Vice Chair Todd Tannehill, CETCO Drilling Products, Boardman, Ohio
- Secretary Moyland G. Rainey, Simmons Mfg. Co., McDonough, Ga.
Manufacturers Division (three new directors):
- Robert Caho, Diedrich Drill Inc., LaPorte, Ind.
- Jeffrey Quinn, Baroid Industrial Drilling Products, Houston, Texas
- Kyle Schoenheit, Goulds Water Technology, Seneca Falls, N.Y.
Suppliers Division (three new officers):
- Chair Ron Brillhart, Johnston Supply Co., Ashland, Ohio
- David L. Williams, Goodin Co., Minneapolis, Minn.
- Ronnie Hensley, Gicon Pumps and Equipment Ltd., Abernathy, Texas
NGWA is a nonprofit that supports responsible development, management and use of water resources. It’s comprised of groundwater professionals ranging from contractors to equipment manufacturers to scientists and engineers. For more information, visit www.ngwa.org.