Schneider Electric Launches Altivar 320 Variable Speed Drive
Features Advanced Connectivity, Functionality in Harsh Environments
Schneider Electric has released a new variable speed drive — the Altivar 320 Machine Drive. Part of the new Altivar Machine range, the new drive is designed with safety, reliability and simplicity in mind.
Available in compact and book form factors for simplified installation and efficient space use, the new solution allows machines to perform better with less down time and lower total machine costs.
The Altivar 320 drive features:
- Advanced connectivity via Ethernet (Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, EtherCAT) or serial (Modbus RTU, CANopen, Profibus DP, DeviceNet) based networks.
- Reliable motor control performance for synchronous and asynchronous motors.
- Proven functionality in harsh environments, operating in ambient temperatures of up to 60 degrees Celsius, and class 3C3 coated printed circuit boards to protect against corrosion.
- Comprehensive embedded safety solutions for simple application requirements to comply with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and simplify certification.
The Altivar 320 drive meets the needs of simple or complex machines from 0.25 to 20 horsepower.
The Altivar Machine range builds on Schneider Electric’s experience in machine drives and is designed specifically for machine manufacturers, with benefits including:
- Improved machine performance
- Extended machine availability
- Reduced total machine cost
- Reduced overall cost of machines
For more information, go to www.schneider-electric.com.