The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) has announced the recipients of its 2016 Awards of Excellence, Divisional Awards and new Fellow designations, which will be presented this December during Groundwater Week in Las Vegas.
Stewart Krause, with Wyo-Ben Inc. in Billings, Mont., has received NGWA’s top honor as recipient of the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry.
Other 2016 NGWA award recipients include:
Awards of Excellence
- Bridget Scanlon, University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas: M. King Hubbert Award for major science contributions to the knowledge of groundwater
- Leroy Goodson, former executive secretary for the Texas Ground Water Association in Austin, Texas: Special Recognition Award for dedication, service and commitment to the groundwater industry and community through involvement and achievement on a local or regional level
- Arthur E. Becker, MGWC, CPG, Drilling and Safety Consultants LLC in Manahawkin, N.J.: Standard Bearer Award for outstanding volunteer involvement in the legislative process on behalf of NGWA and its initiatives
- Prabhakar Clement, Auburn University in Auburn, Ala.: John Hem Award presented by the NGWA Scientists and Engineers Division for a significant, recent (within the past five years) scientific or engineering contribution to the understanding of groundwater
- Daniel B. Stephens, Daniel B. Stephens & Associates Inc. in Albuquerque, N.M.: Keith E. Anderson Award for outstanding contributions to NGWA’s Scientists and Engineers Division
- Charles Mills, Mills Machine Co. Inc. in Shawnee, Okla.: Manufacturers Division Special Recognition Award
- Burnet Chalmers, Milby Co. in Elkridge, Md.: Supplier of the Year Award
The new NGWA Fellow designation represents recognition by a recipient’s peers and NGWA, of outstanding credentials, professional accomplishments, and a commitment to promoting the increased understanding of groundwater science and water well system technology. The first to receive this honor are:
- Amvrossios Bagtzoglou, University of Connecticut in Cheshire, Conn.
- Arthur E. Becker, MGWC, CPG, Drilling and Safety Consultants LLC in Manahawkin, N.J.
- James Jacobs, PG, CHG, Clearwater Group in Mill Valley, Calif.
- John Pitz, CPI, N.L. Pitz Inc. in Batavia, Ill.
- Roger Renner, MGWC, E.H. Renner & Sons Inc. in Elk River, Minn.
NGWA is a nonprofit that supports responsible development, management and use of water resources. It’s comprised of groundwater professionals ranging from contractors to equipment manufacturers to scientists and engineers. For more information, visit www.ngwa.org.