The Terracon Foundation announced the award of $86,390 in grants to six universities and 12 community organizations. The Terracon Foundation was established as the community investment arm of Terracon with a goal to reach out and become a real part of the lives of company employees and the communities where they live and work.
Grants are given bi-annually to universities and community organizations, and annually for scholarships supporting dependents of employees and National Partner Grants. Grant recipients are recommended by Terracon employees who are involved in their communities. To date, the Foundation has distributed more than $1.6 million in grant funds.
As part of an ongoing effort to support higher education, the Terracon Foundation presents university grants for graduate-level scholarships, fellowships, and programs in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
This year, the Terracon Foundation presented a total of $50,000 to six universities:
- University of Arizona - Graduate scholarships
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - Terracon Foundation Fellowships
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte - Female and underrepresented minority scholarships
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - Terracon scholarship
- University of Washington - Graduate geotechnical fellowships
- Virginia Tech Foundation - Terracon Graduate Fellowships
The Terracon Foundation also awarded $36,390 in community grants to 12 nonprofit organizations that were recommended by Terracon employees. The Terracon Foundation grants are intended to support education and causes focused on the natural and built environment.
(Terracon Grant Employee Champion Location -- Community Grant Recipient Organization -- Grant Recipient Location)
- Bettendorf, Iowa – LeadHer -- Davenport, Iowa
- Bettendorf, Iowa -- Junior Achievement of the Heartland -- Moline, Ill.
- Birmingham, Ala. -- Freshwater Land Trust -- Birmingham, Ala.
- Cincinnati -- YWCA of Greater Cincinnati, Inc. -- Cincinnati
- Dallas -- Martha Turner Reilly PTA -- Dallas
- Lenexa, Kan. -- Shawnee Mission Education Foundation -- Shawnee Mission, Kan.
- Little Rock, Ark. -- Boys & Girls Club of Saline County -- Benton, Ark.
- Mountlake Terrace, Wash. -- Christ the King School -- Seattle
- Tulsa, Okla. -- A New Leaf, Inc. -- Tulsa, Okla.
- Tucson, Ariz. -- Tucson Clean & Beautiful, Inc. -- Tucson, Ariz.
- White Bear Lake, Minn. -- Pine Bend Elementary School -- Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
- Winter Park, Fla. -- Field Manor Foundation -- Merritt Island, Fla.
For more information about the Terracon Foundation, visit terracon.com/foundation.
Terracon is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm with more than 4,000 employees providing environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services from more than 140 offices with services in all 50 states. Terracon currently ranks 30th on Engineering News-Record’s list of Top 500 Design Firms. For additional information about Terracon, visit www.terracon.com.