Educational Sessions at BuildTech to Offer CEUs
April 30 – May 2
BNP Media announced that over 80 percent of the conference sessions at the inaugural AEC BuildTech Conference & Expo (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) will offer Continuing Education Units, to provide industry professionals with the credits needed to keep their license/certification. The tradeshow and conference spotlighting the latest design and building processes, products and emerging technologies is taking place April 30 to May 2 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
So far, 32 different educational sessions have been approved by various organizations including The American Institute of Architects (AIA), The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), RCI, Inc., The American Institute of Building Design (AIBD), The American Institute of Constructors (AIC), PDHengineer and BOMI International. For more information about the sessions, click here.
“We are thrilled to partner with leaders in the industry and provide our attendees the professional credits they need in six separate tracks focused on plumbing, HVACR/mechanical systems, flooring, building envelope, roofing and general contracting,” says Scott Wolters, chief events officer of BNP Media. “The editors of our publications have secured an incredible faculty of subject matter experts covering important topics for our attendees to gain the knowledge to leverage tomorrow’s building processes and construction technologies.”
In the Plumbing Track, attendees will hear from some of the biggest names in the industry on nearly everything they need to know about hydronics and more. The following sessions have been approved for CEU’s:
- Dan Holohan’s Dead Men’s Steam School
- Integrating Hydronics with Indoor Environmental Quality
- Modern Hydronics Supplied by Air to Water Heat Pumps
In the Roofing Track, attendees will hear about the evermore stringent roofing codes, which can be a tricky business. This track will keep attendees up-to-date on the latest developments in the following sessions that have been approved for CEUs:
- Technological Innovations in Roofing
- Legal Issues Pertaining to Roofing Technology
- Low-Slope Roofing: Specification & Installation Strategies with a Labor Shortage
- Top 5 Mistakes Roofers Make During Busy Season and How to Avoid Them
- Reactive to Proactive Resilient Urban Roof Design: Sustainable Design Implications and Adaptive Architecture
- Roof System Design Can Help Optimize the Energy Efficiency of Low-Slope Roofs
- NEW Illinois, Chicago Energy Codes
- How to Build a Successful Sales Organization
In the HVACR/Mechanical Systems Track, attendees will find out the latest in controls and workflow techniques, while learning how systems can help prevent outbreaks of such bacteria as Legionella. The following sessions have been approved for CEUs:
- Streamline the Duct Design to Assembly Workflow with Manifolding
- A 360 Degree Look at BIM
- Getting Started with VRF: Best Practices and Common Misconceptions
- Managing Legionella and Dangerous Outbreaks with Preventative Maintenance
- Autonomous Buildings will Reshape the marketplace
- Filling the HVAC Controls Gap Between a Yugo and a Lambo
- Electronic Controls for Commercial Refrigeration Made Simple
- Assembly Line Manufacturing for Construction Using BIM—Why, When, and How
In the Building Envelope Track, speakers will explore the latest in designing for energy efficiency as well as ensuring the system performs as specified. LiDAR, BIM, 3D printing, and artificial intelligence are some of the technologies that will be discussed in these sessions that have been approved:
- Assessing Cold-Formed Steel Enclosures vs. Alternative Enclosures
- LIDAR & Mega Projects
- 3D Construction Printing - What, Where, and How?
- Pulse Air Tracing
- Meeting at the Parapet: It was Transition at First Sight
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence to Explore Better Ways to Build
- Leveraging Building Energy Modeling for Optimized Design Solutions
- Opening Doors to Design Opportunities
- Understanding the Value of Performance Testing of the Exterior Envelope of the Building
In the Flooring Track, speakers will focus on the cutting-edge products that are attractive, environmentally friendly, functional and easy to install. The following sessions covering the latest in product developments as well as design and installation methods have been approved:
- Chemistry of Adhesives Used in the Natural Stone Industry
- Self-Leveling Technology for Floor Installations
- Designing for Mindfulness
- Two Reasons to Specify Experience on New and Existing Healthcare Projects
In addition to the education program, AEC BuildTech will feature an exhibit hall with leading industry companies including Platinum Sponsors Oracle Construction and Engineering and Procore; Silver Sponsor CMiC; and Bronze Sponsor Mestek Machinery, as well as Education Sponsors Dodge Data & Analytics, Goodman, Oracle Construction & Engineering and Tamlyn.
To learn more about exhibiting and sponsorship, visit www.aecbuildtech.com/Become-an-Exhibitor. More information about AEC BuildTech can be found at www.AECBuildTech.com. To connect with the appropriate staff member of the show management team, visit www.AECBuildTech.com/contact.
The event is owned by BNP Media, a business-to-business media company that serves professionals across 50-plus industries through magazines, custom media, e-newsletters, websites, conferences, events and market research. Visit BNP Media at www.bnpmedia.com.