DFI to Host Seventh Conference In Series On Deep Mixing
Deep Mixing 2020 to Advance to Industry’s Next Generation
Deep Foundations Institute (DFI), along with leaders in the international deep mixing community, will host the seventh conference in a series on deep mixing, June 15-18, 2020, in Gdańsk, Poland.
Deep Mixing 2020 — Best Practice and Legacy will aim to define the future of deep mixing and transfer the charge of advancing the industry to the next generation of practitioners. The technical program will feature presentations on all aspects of current deep mixing technology and research and provide a forum for discussion among contractors, engineers, researchers, equipment and material suppliers, and owners alike.
Co-chairing the conference will be Professor Michał Topolnicki, Ph.D., Keller Poland, and Professor George Filz, Ph.D., Virginia Tech, U.S.
Abstracts for technical papers are invited addressing frontiers of soil mixing related to the following topics:
- Laboratory mixing and material testing
- Properties of treated soil materials (binders, durability, material models)
- Analyses and design procedures (methodology, modeling, recommendations, codes)
- Contracting strategy/specifications/practice
- Field testing and performance monitoring (measurements, long-term data)
- Mixing equipment and construction technologies
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Environmental mixing and related research
- Liquefaction mitigation with mixing (analyses, experience)
- Case histories with lessons learned
Abstracts are due Monday, June 24, 2019. For more information or to submit an abstract, visit www.dfi.org/DM2020.
The DFI is an international association of contractors, engineers, academics and suppliers in the deep foundations industry with more than 3,500 members worldwide. For more information about the Deep Foundations Institute, visit www.dfi.org.