Goulds Water Technology Podcast Series Covers Business Tips
Interviews Cover Profit, Costs for Drilling Contractors
Goulds Water Technology has rolled out a small business toolbox series on its “In the Field with Goulds Water Technology” podcast. The podcast series, designed to help water industry professionals with business issues, is part of parent company Xylem’s podcast feed.
“Owning a small business is challenging even in the best of times, but especially during these times of uncertainty,” says Susan O’Grady, Xylem director of marketing, residential and agriculture. “This series highlights important business fundamentals for water well industry professionals to ensure they are as knowledgeable about the financial side of business as they are on the technical aspects of water systems.”
The five-part series features conversations with Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells and former president of the NGWA. The talks were conducted at the 2019 National Ground Water Association’s (NGWA) Groundwater Week event in Las Vegas.
Williams was selected by the NGWA Foundation as the 2020 McEllhiney lecturer. His talks have focused on financial literacy and business fundamentals.
Episodes will have staggered publish dates. Episodes include:
- Episode 1: Williams discusses his experiences as a leader in the groundwater industry. He shares his focus on learning and teaching the important financial fundamentals of running a small business, and explains the value of combining professional expertise with business savvy.
- Episode 2: Profit Sharing, Corporate Culture and Employee Incentivization — Russell Rauch, general manager of Hughes Supply in Statesville, North Carolina.
- Episode 3: Making Sense of Variable and Fixed Costs.
- Episode 4: Getting the Best Value on Groundwater Industry Assets.
- Episode 5: Maintaining Your Small Business’s Legacy with an Exit Strategy.
“In the Field with Goulds Water Technology” is co-hosted by Xylem’s Amanda Holloway, the company’s PR and social media leader for the Americas. It features episodes on residential wastewater challenges, VFD applications, training and education. Listen to it and “Solving Water: A Xylem Podcase” on all major podcast platforms.
Xylem, based in Rye Brook, N.Y., serves the public utility, residential, commercial and agricultural markets with a variety of pump and water treatment products. The company has about 17,000 employees worldwide. For more information, visit www.xyleminc.com.